Employment policy for Non-local Students in Hong Kong

  1. Eligibility of non-local students to take up employment in Hong Kong

    Under Regulation 2 of the Immigration Regulations, Cap 115A, permission given to a person to reside in Hong Kong as a student shall be subject to the conditions of stay that, inter alia, he/she shall NOT take any employment, whether paid or unpaid.

  2. Immigration arrangement for non-local graduates (IANG) policy

    Non-local students who have obtained a degree or higher qualification of a full-time and locally accredited programme in Hong Kong may apply to stay / return and work in Hong Kong under the “Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG)”.

    Non-local graduates who submit applications to the Immigration Department within six months after the date of their graduation (i.e. the date shown on their graduation certificates) are classified as non-local fresh graduates. Fresh graduates may be granted 12 months stay on time limitation without other conditions of stay provided that normal immigration requirements are met.

    In early July (for students graduated in late June) or early October (for students graduated in late September) every year, Graduate School will give all graduates a copy of academic records sent by post to their correspondence address as recorded in the University Cyber Port System (BUniPort). You can use it as a proof of graduation from the University when you apply to stay and work under the IANG.